April 12, 2012

Oh be still my heart.  We have baby chicks.

Some were born yesterday and some this morning.  She, Goldy the Hen, still has a few eggs under her and I'm not sure if they are still to hatch or not, we shall wait and see.


Late yesterday afternoon I walked into the chicken house and leaned down in front of her nesting box and asked my usual question that I've been asking her twice a day for the past week, "any baby chicks yet?", and suddenly out of Goldy's feathered bosom pops a little baby chick's head as if to say, "here I am!". *giggle*

So when I went to lift Goldy out of her nesting box there were not just one, not two, not three, not four, but f-i-v-e baby chicks underneath her - so exciting!  Right now the total number of chicks stands at seven.


I went out to the chicken house to get a few photos for you but sadly only one turned out well enough to post.  It's a chilly and cloudy evening here and our camera is not a big fan of the heat lamp so this is all I have to share with you for now.

This is two of the little peeps peeking out beneath Goldy the Hen's bum...



*swoons*



Goldy the Hen is very protective of her little brood.

One can't even change the water without her going all psychotic on you.  I told her this evening that she had better simmer down or I see soup in her future.

Whether she understood me or not is to be seen. *giggle*


Well, that's the biggest thing going on around here.  Pretty exciting, eh?

I'll be sharing better photos of the blessed fuzzy cuteness that has graced our homestead again with you here soon.


I thank you for coming by and visiting with me a bit.

Until next time my friends.





"A true friend is someone who knows you're a good egg even if you're a little cracked."
-Unknown



Love,
tj

2 comments:

  1. YaY!!! Babies!!! How precious!! Can't wait to see more pics!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, baby chicks! How fun. I hope Goldy listened to you cause I would be so sad if she found her way into soup!
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...