March 9, 2012

Inspiration for the following that you are about to see was brought about one fine Autumn day last year when I was tilling our garden under for its impending long Winter's rest.  Walking along holding onto Big Bertha, our garden tiller, glancing off every so often into the woods because walking along with the methodical pull and churn of the tiller can cause one to drift off into a dream-like state until said garden tiller hits a rock and flips you into next week.

Anyway, I happened to look down and there along the garden's edge was half of a walnut shell with its wondrous inner carved interior staring up at me.  I immediately took a mental note and kept walking to keep up with Bertha but remembered the spot I saw the walnut shell.  For some odd reason I knew I was gonna use this little walnut shell for some creative good.  So on my next turn around I looked again and this time I reached out and picked up the walnut shell and put it in my pocket for safe keeping.

Later that evening I took the walnut shell out of my pocket and gave it a good cleansing under water.  I held the walnut shell half up to my husband and asked him, "what do you see?" and he replied, "a walnut shell half" and that is when I knew for sure that I was holding a future pig snout in my hands.  Yes my friends, a pig snout.  And that is how the following was brought into fruition.


So, without further adieu... [drumroll please]





"Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!" "Oink!"  



Petunia the Pig, a Gloucestershire Old Spot Heritage Pig has officially, and I say officially gone to Market.

[ahem]

I meant, gone to my Etsy Shop. *giggle*



Oh, and yes, my husband has officially committed me to being one full sandwich shy of a picnic. *giggle*shrug*



Have a lovely weekend!





Love,
tj

2 comments:

  1. What a faaaaaaabulous story, TJ!

    "and that is when I knew for sure that I was holding a future pig snout in my hands. Yes my friends, a pig snout. And that is how the following was brought into fruition."

    I LOVE IT! Isn't it something how inspiration hits us with the most unusual happenings? We see or hear something, and then, BAM!...we suddenly get inspired.

    Well, Miss Petunia came out FLAWLESS! And I love the way you photographed her standing in the hay. You are so creative!

    "Oh, and yes, my husband has officially committed me to being one full sandwich shy of a picnic."

    HA! Oh, but no, my dear friend....you're not one full sandwich shy of a picnic, you're simply a brilliant artist who is HAVING a picnic...and enjoying herself!

    Thanks so much for sharing the creative results of Petunia! She's so dang cute!

    Oink! Oink!

    Happy weekend to you!

    (((((( You ))))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petunia is beautiful! I see things like that and collect my little treasures.Hubby thinks I hoard but they will come to life someday.Have a wonderful weeked sweetie!~Amy

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...