February 17, 2012

Oh my.  Where has this week gone?

Just this morning I was sitting at the kitchen island thinking to myself, "geez, we're already more than halfway thru February already".  Weird, isn't it?



I've been busy cleaning our homestead today.

You know, one of 'em pull out the stove and refrigerator kinda cleanings.

I love a clean house.  Serious love.

It makes me believe everything is right with the world.

Even tho' it isn't, if my house is clean - it's right honey. *wink*



The day is closing as I type.  It was a gorgeous Spring-like day with temp's in the 50's, sunshine, birds were singing.

I just came in from feeding and I let the chickens out for a spell.

I love the sound of Mr. Whipple clucking for his girls to "come here, see what I've found!"...*smile*



Since I'm in one of my let's-get-down-get-dirty-and-clean moods, I couldn't get as much done as I did without a lil' music playing.

Let's just way that this old homestead was rockin' today people. *giggle*snort*

Here's one of the songs that I was singing into my mop handle.  I provided the lyrics just in case you wanna sing along. *smile*





Heeey heeeey heeeeey

Your lipstick stays on the front lobe of my left side brains
I knew I wouldn't forget you
And so I went and let you blow my mind
Your sweet moonbeam
The smell of you in every single dream I dream
I knew when we collided you're the one I have decided
Who's one of my kind

Hey soul sister, ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight

Heeey heeeey heeeey

Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one track mind like me
You gave my life direction
A game show love connection, we can't deny
I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna
And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind

Hey soul sister, ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight

The way you can cut a rug
Watching you is the only drug I need
So gangster, I'm so thug
You're the only one I'm dreaming of
You see I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you being with me

Hey soul sister, ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight
Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight
Heeey heeeey heeeeey (tonight)
Heeey heeeey heeeeey (tonight)





I've only got our Mudroom left to clean and I'm done.

When I come in from the garden or feeding or the barn I enter into our Mudroom.

So I'm sharing a rather dark photo of our Mudroom.



Exciting stuff here, is it not? *giggle*


This exact photo was featured on a friend's website called, "Carole's Country Store".

I purchased that darling little basket from her that you see hanging on my peg rack.

Right now she's offering a most wonderful magazine for sale in her store, amongst other things.

She talked about the magazine this morning on her blog, here.

If you love early homes like I love early homes then you'll want to get yourself on over there and purchase a copy.  I'm just sayin'.




Well, the sun is setting and I need to go outside and tuck the chickens in for the evening, finish cleaning and get dinner going.  A woman's work is never done.  Amen, right?




Over the weekend I'll be sharing a few things with you that I've been working on in my Sewing Room.


And that's about it my friends.

As always, thank you for coming by and I hope you have a most enjoyable weekend!


Love,
tj


8 comments:

  1. Hi TJ,
    Love, love that song and a clean house. So, we have that in common.
    I hope you have a fun weekend. I look forward to seeing what lovelynthings you have been creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annesta! Thank you & I hope you have a fun weekend too! :o)

      Thank you so much for stopping by too!

      Delete
  2. Good evening dear TJ~

    What a lovely post to read at the end of my own day. It was like a drink of sweet serenity.

    And yes, I agree, can you believe how fast this month is going? February is such a short month as it is, but for some reason it seems to be even shorter this year. I think so many people are ready for Spring by the time February gets here, that they begin the process of Spring cleaning. However, I'm so bummed about having such a wimpy Winter this year, that I'm praying for one good snowstorm before Spring arrives. Yet, I know I'm in the MAJOR minority in feeling that - HA!It was warm here today too. I even saw people wearing SHORTS.

    Like you, I love a clean house. LOVE IT! I like things orderly and neat.

    WONDERFUL video share! I ADORE this song! In fact, I like MANY of their songs because they always make me feel HAPPY!

    Stunning photo of Mudroom, TJ! It's got such a wonderful 'feel' to it. In looking at the photos you've shared of your home, I can tell that it's very cozy and warm - I love that!

    Glad to hear you had a productive day, getting things done. I will probably start my serious Spring cleaning sometime at the end of March.

    Have a glorious weekend, dear lady. I look forward to seeing your sewing treats!

    ((((( You )))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron! Aw, thank you so much for the compliment Ron. :o)

      I too love their music and you're right - it is upbeat and happy too. It certainly does make housework go a lil' easier. ;o)

      Yeah, me too regarding praying for a big snowstorm. I'm so sad that Winter is almost gone and we haven't had much in the way of snow. You know me, like you, I love Winter. Maybe there's still time, right? *crosses fingers*

      Thank you so much for coming by my friend!

      Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

      (((you))) :o)

      Delete
  3. hello dear,aww i love clean house too..it is my serious love too :)
    hmmnnn we two happy soul when our house is clean..
    have a lovely weekend deary..
    big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Cucki! :o)

      hee,hee...Yeah, I'm kind of a nut with the clean house thing. It's so nice to see that there are others out there that share that too.

      Thank you for coming by and I hope you're having a lovely weekend too!

      (((you))) :o)

      Delete
  4. I love a clean house especially if I can get hubby to do the chores I hate..smile..Can't wait to see your creations.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Amy! Ooo, you can get your hubby to help out?! Does your husband have a Charm School or something that my husband could attend and learn to do that? Do tell. ;o)

      I hope you're enjoying your weekend & warm blessings to you as well!

      Thank you so much for coming by! :o)

      Delete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...