February 9, 2012

[ACHOO!] 

*sniffle*

Bless me, please?

[ahem]

Thank you.


I've been hit by a most awful cold/flu combination.

I knew it was coming as it was making it's impending arrival known earlier last week.

I tried and tried to thwart it's capture but it wouldn't relent.

It came.  It saw.  It conquered.


My already ill strickened body played host to every cold and flu symptom imaginable.  

I was reintroduced to bodily fluids and their functions.

Fever ravaged my body, at one point, my husband wanted to take me to the hospital.

I opened one eye and with crust ladened lips I muttered, "get me the gun"...

*giggle*  I stop now.

At least it didn't numb my sense of humor.  Yay, huh? *wink*



I am vertical and on the mend.



Today I will be working on three sweet lil' tweets who have been upstairs in my Sewing Room anxiously awaiting their debut into my Etsy Shop.  My sincerest apologies for the delay.



And the other evening the most delightful frozen concoction started falling from the sky.  It kept falling until it blanketed the woods, fences and barns leading one believing the next morning they had just awakened into a fairyland where everything is covered in buttercream frosting.

Then my fever broke. *giggle*

Okay, it did snow here shortly but then it was gone the next day.  

Anyway, I stop the silliness now, before I lose you all forever, and I leave you with a photo of our woods from one of the many glorious snows of last Winter.  






"There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow.  
It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, 
every intricacy of twig, is clad with radiance."
-William Sharp  








Love,
tj

7 comments:

  1. oh deary..i hope your flu go away soon and you feel better soon..
    lots of snow..ohh i love snow..so much.
    very sweet picture..
    sending you warm hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I wanna share a BIG cyber hug of good energy with ya....

    ((((((( You ))))))))

    "I opened one eye and with crust ladened lips I muttered, "get me the gun"...

    *giggle* I stop now."

    Yup!....I KNOW that feeling because about 4 years ago I struck with a flu that knocked me out flat for over a week. I was in so much achy pain, that even my HAIR hurt - HA! I hardly get sick, but when I do...it's BIG.

    Glad you're feeling a bit better and that your fever broke.

    And OMG....what a STUNNING photo!!!!!!

    "fences and barns leading one believing the next morning they had just awakened into a fairyland where everything is covered in buttercream frosting."

    I love how you said that.

    And the quote from William Sharp is so beautiful!

    You take care, dear friend, and know that I'm sharing healing thoughts with you.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ,
    So, so sorry to hear you have been down with such a bad sickness. How well I can relate as I was hit about 5 years ago while I was in California visiting my daughter. I had not felt well for the whole trip and on the daybi was to leave I woke up with a fever. I remember looking out the airplane window wishing I could just jump out the window and put myself out of misery! It took me a good two weeks to get back to my regular self.
    Please rest and take it easy.
    Sending you a hug, friend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie~ Sorry your not feeling well,but glad it's breaking.We got a dusting here yesterday but I'm ready for a blizzard..smile..Feel Better and Big Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello TJ...the flu bug is an awful awful thing, I hope you're feeling much better now...I love winter and snow with a passion and don't get enough of either here in Central Virginia...that William Sharp quote really tugged at my heartstrings, I'm going to save that one myself...have a great weekend!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ...so sorry you've been fighting that nasty bug...it's been here, too. Glad to hear you are feeling better!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quotes you post! I'm following!



    gilead in bloom

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...