January 25, 2012

It is a horrid thought to think that this very moment there are people starving.

I know, I know, right now you're thinking, "whoa tj, let's ease into this a lil' bit", but how does one ease into the thought of others, whether it be man or beast, simply perishing due to lack of food I ask you?

Think about it...

Right now, there is someone, make that more than one - make that tens of thousands, 
m-i-l-l-i-o-n-s, of people, starving.

For instance, did you know that every 3.6 seconds someone in our world dies of hunger?

It literally breaks the heart and boggles the mind doesn't it?



There's something we can do about it.  Yes there is.

And you wanna know what?  You don't have to leave your chair, your home, change out of your pajamas or any of that nonsense.

And one more thing.  It's free.


It's a website called, "Free Rice" and all you have to do is click on the highlighted words or the banner over there to start.  You will see on the website that you can choose from a myriad of subjects such as English Vocabulary (my personal fav'), or there's Geography (I so struggled with that in school), and then there's Math, Chemistry and a choice of others as well.  And what is so great about this is that for each answer you get correct they donate 10 grains of rice thru the World Food Programme to help end hunger.

Not only are you blowing cobwebs out of the ol' brain bucket but you're helping to feed someone too.  It's a win-win.



And since we're on the subject of hunger and feeding, you didn't think I'd go off and forget our furry friends did you?  They're people too, am I right?  You know.

As you also know our nation's animal shelters are over populated with homeless dogs and cats.  Annually our nation's animal shelters take in approx. 6 - 8 million dogs and cats.  
Yes, 6 - 8 m-i-l-l-i-o-n.  Out of that 6 - 8 million that enter the animal shelters annually over half are euthanized.  That is 3 - 4 m-i-l-l-i-o-n dogs and cats put to death in one year.  The statistics are simply staggering.  And sickening.  And just plain sad.


FreeKibble.com



Well, out of those m-i-l-l-i-o-n-s of homeless cats and dogs you know there is hunger and there are two websites working along the same concept as the one I mentioned above only they help to feed hungry dogs and cats in Animal Shelters.  This is the brainchild of an 11 year old girl, Mimi Ausland, from Bend, Oregon who launched "Free Kibble" to help feed the hungry dogs and cats at her local Animal Shelter.  This was back in 2008, now Free Kibble feeds thousands of dogs and cats in shelters, rescues and thru food-banks across this wonderful country of ours everyday.


Once again, you don't need to leave your chair, your home or change out of your pajamas because all you need to do is visit "Free Kibble", click the highlighted words or the banner up there to start, answer the question you see there and whether your answer is right or wrong they still donate 10 pieces of kibble to help feed hungry dogs.

FreeKibbleKat.com



Now to feed the hungry felines you can either click the highlighted "Free Kibble Kat" words (you just passed 'em), or you can just click on the banner located to your left here and you're good to go.

I've even signed up for their daily email reminders so I don't forget to go and spread some love.  And kibble.




So see?  There's so much good you can do without even leaving the comfort of your own home.

Or your pajamas. *smile*


Thank you for listening and helping and as always, thank you for stopping by to visit!
I appreciate it a m-i-l-l-i-o-n times over. *wink*

Love,
tj

4 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtful post..and a eye opening for everyone..
    Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ, I just have to give you a HUGE hug for sharing this post today....

    (((((((((((((((((( You )))))))))))))))))))))))))

    You're an angel, dear friend.

    And I just want you to know that I visited Free Rice and donated 300 grains of rice, and also visited both Free Kibble and Free Kibble Kat, and also clicked to donate. I LOVE the cute little Meow and Bow-Wow you hear after you click. That was adorable.

    I placed their websites on my favorites, so that I remember to stop by ever day and click!

    Again, thank you for sharing this!

    Happy Wednesday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything I can do in my PJ's is a plus..smile..Wonderful causes off to check them out now.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great post, my friend!! Thank you so much. I may put a link on my blog to your post. It deserves to be shared with as many as possible.
    Peace and love
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...