August 28, 2011

Sadly there hasn't been a whole heckuva lot goin' on around here at our humble lil' homestead.



Which sometimes, can be a good thing.

You know, quiet and mundane is not so bad.

Yeah.
*shrug*smile*



Tomatoes are coming in like gangbusters!
(said with much enthusiasm)


You say, "to-mae-toe" and I say, "salt & pepper please".







In other garden news, our pumpkins were doing great but it looks like they are losing their battle to the Squash Bugs
Those lil' bastages!


[ahem] Sorry.






Last year was a stellar year for pumpkins.

I was sooo happy.

I love pumpkins.
*swoon*sigh*


Seriously.

If there were such a thing as Pumpkin Intervention...

...I'd be a perfect candidate.


......................................................................


"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than to be crowded on a velvet cushion."
-Henry David Thoreau


......................................................................



I couldn't leave the garden without stopping to acknowledge...


...the grande dame of our homestead.


I love her.


Of course, you knew that already.



......................................................................


Word on the street was that there was a really fun guy waiting for me out in our driveway.

"Wow!", I thought.

As I picked up my pace my mind was racing, "who could this be?", "and for lil' ol' moi?!"...

"Gosh, after such a slow, quiet, boring even, kinduva week here this girl could use a lil' fun!"

"Yay for me!", as I dropped my basket of tomatoes and hit full stride.



I rounded the corner of the house slowing my pace some as I didn't want to appear to anxious and at the same time trying to straighten any wayward strands of hair and quickly wiping the sweat from my brow.



Then, I stopped dead in my tracks.



My heart sank.



I fell to my knees.



I looked to the sky and shouted towards the heavens, "No!", "No!", "No!"



And then...



...and then...



I took a picture.



Of my...







100_5011.jpg by Humble Origins

...fungi.

*giggle*snort*snort*






Blessings,
tj

2 comments:

  1. Oh, TJ, can I just tell you HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS POST????

    You always have me suspensefully wondering what you're going to say next and then BAM...you always surprise me!

    Okay, first I gotta say....

    "Last year was a stellar year for pumpkins.


    I was sooo happy.


    I love pumpkins."

    *clapping*

    I LOVE PUMPKINS too! Just the sight of them makes me happy and puts a HUGE smile on my face.

    The photos you shared of them are AMAZING! I especially love the tiny, little, baby pumpkins. They're soooooooooooo cute! I get a few each Halloween and paint faces on them with magic markers.

    And OMG...the photo of that mushroom is BEYOND amazing! It doesn't even look real, it's so perfect!

    "...the grande dame of our homestead."

    Yup...she's so beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing such a delightful post today, dear lady! I needed it after our bout with hurricane Irene yesterday. However, all is well.

    Enjoy your evening!

    (((( TJ ))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos as always, tj! Make me eager to go punkin shopping!

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...