July 16, 2011

Untitled by Humble Origins
If you cannot see the mountains
Do not grumble or complain;
There is beauty in the flowers
As they grow upon the plain.
There is music in the bird’s singing;
There is magic in the sky…
For our God has given freely
Gifts like these with our supply.

If you cannot see the ocean
Do not go about and sigh;
Just you climb to some green hilltop
And then watch the clouds go by.
And then look down in the valley
At a field of waving wheat…
Life will seem much more worth living,
And your day will be complete.

There is beauty all around you
If you but the beauty see.
There is promise in a rainbow,
And a sermon in a tree.
Far-off scenes may often call you,
But I’m confident you’ll find
There are things a hand will give you
Peace of heart, contented mind.
-Helen E. Maynard



Blessings,
tj

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This poem!!!!

    I can't tell you how much it touched me because this has always been the outlook I try to sustain....

    "There is beauty all around you
    If you but the beauty see."

    It's all in how I look at it, and what I choose to see!

    Thank you for this wonderful reminder, dear lady.

    And what a brilliant photograph that emulates this belief. Just look at a cat...and watch how they LIVE it!

    Happy Sunday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. @RonOh I'm so glad you liked this poem and photo too Ron! I fell in love with the poem some time ago and knew I wanted to share it. It is a good guide on how to live a content life and then the photo of our cat, "Gabe" pretty much sums it up! *giggle* :o)

    And you know, I knew you were a person that trys to sustain this outlook and it shows in your blog, your comments and your photos. You're pretty much, awesome! ;o)

    Thank you for coming by and blessings too! :o)

    ReplyDelete

...I love receiving your comments and reading them - they truly brighten my day! Thank you so much for visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...